Wednesday, February 4, 2009

::Splash!::

This morning, I woke up when Andre' was getting ready to go to work. I went to the bathroom and then went back to bed. After Andre' took off, I noticed things getting a little, well, wet. I got up, went to the bathroom, and SPLASH! My water broke! I started freaking out, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" I repeated that phrase over and over as I stumbled around looking for my cellphone. 

I reached Andre' when he was about halfway to the office. He turned the car around and headed for the apartment. 
As soon as I got off the phone with him, I banged on my parents' door: "My water just broke!!!" They both let out startled, mumbled phrases and I heard them clamoring around trying to get dressed in the darkness of their room. I called my big sister to let her in on the good news. She was just dropping Nathaniel off for school, and boy, was she so excited! I promised to keep her posted and then walked around the apartment, collecting things to take with me to the hospital.
Soon, Andre' arrived home and my parents emerged from their bedroom. I told them that I wanted to get something to eat and take a shower before we left. 
We arrived at the hospital an hour later. I tried to phone my OB Dr. Moore, but there was no answer so we just went into the hospital.
I got all checked out in a back room, my labor and broken water was confirmed, and I was admitted to labor and delivery room number 108. It was an incredible suite. We had to fill out a lot of paperwork, and then we just sat and waited... and waited...
Finally, I started the pitocin a little after midnight. I already had contractions, but my cervix wasn't dilating. at. all! I stayed at 2 cm for over 24 hours!
We settled into the room. My parents and Andre' took turns hanging out with me, although I wasn't all that great at hosting. Tonight, Andre' brought the Rambo trilogy!!! and we watched the first one on my computer. Awesome!
My parents went home pretty late, and we tried to get some rest.