Saturday, February 28, 2009

When Will The Tears Stop?

     I can't help but wonder if it's my fault that Anna got sick. I don't have hypothyroidism in my family, but I wonder if I did something during my pregnancy that harmed her. What if it was the medicine that I had to take for hyperemesis? Andre' assures me that I made the right choice to take the medicine, because otherwise we would have a malnourished child and I would have had to stay in the hospital for most of my pregnancy... but I still can't forgive myself for not being a stronger mother.

I just don't know what to do. I think this would be easier for me to handle if I were closer to family and friends that I could talk to. Everyone just seems so busy all the time, and I don't want to burden them with my worries.
It has been rather difficult to handle being a mom away from home. Whereas most other mothers have help with their first child, I am 2,000 miles away from my loved ones. Not to sound too whiny, but I could use a nap! (: 
A little familial reassurance goes a long way... as does a nice massage from my mother-in-law!