Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Pirate Birthday

Last night, Anna scratched my eye so we had to go to Sam's Club Optometrist today to have it checked out. We still don't have a doctor out here. It's hard to find someone good in a new area when we have no family and no friends that live within 1,000 miles of this city! 

Turns out, I had a millimeter scratch on my eye. The optometrist put a lot of drops and ointment in my eye, and then patched it up like a pirate. It is so very uncomfortable! I have to wear it until tomorrow ):  What a way to spend my 25th birthday!
Andre' bought me a red velvet cake from Cake Cafe' and took the rest of the day off. He wanted to help me out, since I am visually-challenged at the moment. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and the best daughter, even if I keep getting injured by my little Anna Danger.