Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fun Stuff

So I just got off the phone with someone from my doctor's office... More bad news. They said that they had the results of my 1-hr. glucose test and that the numbers were only "slightly elevated" - and that I needed to come in to schedule a 3-hr. glucose test... Ok... I told her that I took the 3-hr. test last week... So she said that that must have been the results that she had in my file, and that she is going to send my papers to Chandler Regional Hospital so that they can schedule me for diabetic counseling. Ugh. Do I have diabetes or not? Which is it - the 1-hr. results or the 3-hr. results? I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go in for another appointment.

We cannot afford to do the diabetic counseling, nor would it make any difference at this point, so I am trying not to stress out about it... My big sister had gd when she was pregnant with my nephew, but did not have it this second pregnancy - praise God... not that I EVER want to be pregnant again! lol 
I just wish that I could finally gain closure. I want to end this very stressful and traumatic period of my life. Last night, I did not sleep - at all. Not one minute. I have been out of bed since Andre' got up, trying to wear myself out today so that I can *hopefully* get a little bit of sleep tonight. I realize that I will not get much rest once the baby is out and about, but maybe I could at least have a nap or two ): I am 37 weeks and 2 days today.