Andre' was playing with Anna this evening, repeating her name over and over again. She decided to join in the fun by saying her name, too! It was so sweet, hearing her say her name. She has known her name for a while now, but hasn't quite articulated that yet with her voice. So far, she is saying "daddy," "I luh" (I love you), "hunree" (hungry), and "gah" (God)... although she uses the word "God" in the most inappropriate of ways. We're working on that. I am just glad that she knows the name. All those Bible stories and songs must have helped.
I have been working with her for a little while on doing sign language. She seems to mostly be interested in the ways to tell me that she wants to eat some milk. lol My baby, the hungry hungry hippo!
We are also practicing Spanish and French. Hopefully Anna will not have to ever be in a situation where she won't be able to communicate with others, but I believe that extensive knowledge of foreign languages and sign languages will be able to aid her in all of life's journeys.
