Saturday, January 3, 2009

My New Doctor


So we went to the doctor Friday. This time, I saw Dr. Matthew Moore (not to be confused with the liberal goon Michael). He seemed nice, but was very quiet and not very informative. I think I am going to try to see Dr. Bustamonte again in the future.

Barbara, the u/s lady at my first appointment, checked my cervix. She said it was longer, and appeared to be about a centimeter dilated (turns out, it was closed). When she was looking at our baby, the first thing she checked was to confirm that the baby was a girl. Yes, definitely a girl. After doing her measurements, she informed us that the baby was 5 1/2 pounds (a little big for her gestational age, but not too much). That scared me, since I still have a month of pregnancy (and baby-growing) left.
Then Barbara said to Anna, "Let's spoil your parents for the new year," and proceeded to perform a 3D u/s of the baby! We got to see her little face!!! So cute! Anna was trying to sleep and when she tried to wake her, Anna put her hands in front of her face. The u/s lady started flicking my belly to get her to move her hands, but no such luck... so Andre' tried talking to her to get her to move her hands... This worked - but only until she put her foot right in front of her face! She looked so sad, and just wanted to be left alone ): We got to take home a lot of pictures of Anna.
At my OB appointment (which we ended up being only 10 minutes late to), we found out that I have gained 3 pounds - which I predicted right before my appointment. Now, I weigh 134. Yuck! I have been trying to eat more every day because I thought the baby wasn't getting enough to eat... Now, she may be getting too much!
We got to listen to Anna's heartbeat again. She has such a strong heartbeat! She started rolling around in my belly when we were listening to her, and both Andre' and the nurse started laughing at my wiggly baby girl.
I go back to the doctor on January 16th, so we will see how things are progressing then. Hopefully I will be dilated some and can get this kid out of me!!! Take care.