Tonight, I went trick-or-treating with Nathaniel and my father in downtown Calhoun. The kid really got a lot of candy! He was Iron Man this year, and looked oh-so-heroic!
Andre' picked me up afterwards and took me to El Pueblito with his cousin Mike. That was so much fun. We used to go to El Pueblito several times a week with Mike when we lived in Calhoun.
When we got back to my parents' house, my dad brought me his cellphone. I had a voicemail on it from my doctors' office. What a great way (and perfect time) to tell someone that they have gestational diabetes. I was sitting on the couch with Nathaniel, picking through his Halloween candy, when I found out I could no longer enjoy the Reese's cups that got me through the hardest days of my pregnancy. I started crying a little bit. Nathaniel tried to comfort me the best way he knew how - he tried to offer me different kinds of candy. Haha Such a sweet kid.
I didn't want to tell Andre', but knew that I should so that he could hold me accountable. I really am so selfish. I mean, if I can't force myself to eat better while I'm pregnant, then what in the world can my daughter expect from me later in life? I am praying that God will turn this into something positive for baby Anna. Maybe this sickness is supposed to force me into better habits for her benefit? I could really use your prayers.
