Today my parents drove me down to Atlanta for my final appointment. I had my gestational diabetes screening test today. I hope that everything turns out well. I didn't know what to eat, so I picked up a couple of hashbrowns from McDonald's to get me by until after the test.
The test wasn't so bad. I got to drink the lemon-lime drink, which just tasted like flat Sprite. Evelyn, the lab-nurse there, reserved a bottle for me, since she said it tasted better than the others. That was very sweet of her.
I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again (one last time before we move). My mom and dad got to come into the room to hear it with me. My dad wasn't going to come in because he said it wouldn't be fair for him to go into my room when he didn't go into my sister's, but the nurse practitioner went out into the lobby and talked him into it - probably more like 'pressured' him into it, but oh well.
After the appointment, we drove up to Roswell and met up with Andre' for lunch at Olive Garden. I wanted to eat there because they have good soup, and I didn't feel like really eating anything else due to the GD test. Also, I somehow gained 3 pounds over the weekend... So now I weigh 132 pounds. I better watch what I eat!
