The second test came back positive, so we decided that we should make a trip up to Calhoun to tell our parents... but first things first. Andre' called his father in Montana and told him that we were going to be parents. He was excited for us! He had been telling me since before the wedding that I needed to give him a grandchild. It was very comforting to have someone tell us that they were happy about the pregnancy. Ed really helped us to see things in a different, more positive way.
We drove up to Calhoun and went to church, because we obviously needed God in our lives more than ever! While Ping went up for the children's story, I called Janine a "grandma." She told me she didn't have any grandchildren... and Andre' and I said that now she did. She seemed very happy, also. We didn't want for Ping to find out just yet, in case something happened to the baby, so we asked Janine not to say anything to anyone. Aunt Brenda was sitting in the row in front of us and overheard our good(?) news.
Later that day, we went to my parents' house to take out my daddy for an early Father's Day dinner. I told dad that I was pregnant, and that was his Father's Day gift. He got so excited for us! It really made me feel good about everything that was going on in my body. When my mom came outside, Andre' told her that she was going to be a grandmother again. She got the idea! She was also very happy for us! Then, we went to El Nopal in Adairsville to celebrate. We told them the same thing we told Andre's parents about Ping - DON'T TELL NATHAN (yet). Oh, what have we gotten ourselves into???
