Friday, June 6, 2008

OMG - I'm Pregnant!

After days of speculation (and debate with Andre' - "I'm pregnant." "No, you're not.") we finally went to Target to purchase a pregnancy test. The whole time I thought to myself that it was going to come back negative. I'm sure Andre' thought the same thing.

I was going to wait until the next morning to take the test, but my curiosity got the best of me. I went to the bathroom, read and reread the directions, took a deep breath... and then... I started crying. "Oh, crap!" I said, as I took the stick to Andre'. He seemed pretty calm. I was devastated - not because I don't like kids, but because a child just wasn't in the plans that we had made. Obviously it was a shock to us, since we weren't trying to make a baby.
Since the control line was very light and the "pregnant" line was very dark, I thought that maybe the result was a false positive... We decided to go to bed and try another test the next morning (although Andre' knew it would come back positive as well).