We are about to embark on another adventure, of sorts. This adventure is not one that will lead us somewhere new, nor will it lead us to an exotic location. One thing is for sure, though - our adventure is full of risk, excitement, and most important, love. We are going to live together as a family again!
On Saturday, we drove down to Atlanta to sign our lease and take a look around our new place. We are renting a home that is within walking distance to husband's job (which is a BIG plus!)
So...what's the big deal, right? Families live together. That's nothing to write home about. Here's the scoop on our situation:
When we moved from Arizona back to Georgia last November, we moved in to Danger's grandparents' home. We have lived here for almost nine months while we tried (pretty unsuccessfully) to save up some money and find work. Almost five months ago, husband moved in with his brother and started working for his company, which is Atlanta-based and over an hour away from here. That has worked out well, but the position only pays commission. That meant that he would not have the funds necessary to sustain our family unit until husband hit it hard. For the past five months, we have only been able to see each other on the weekends, in addition to the occasional weekday surprise visit. I think that it has been the hardest on husband. Danger adjusted after a couple months, as did I, but he seems to have gotten more upset as time passes and Danger grows.
This is truly an amazing journey for us! We finally get to be together as a family! I just want to stand outside and scream WOO-HOO (but out of respect for the elderly neighbors, I won't do that. Don't want to cause any heart attacks.)
So here's my challenge: to cook three meals a day for three people (and I. Don't. Cook.), to sleep-wean Anna Danger, and to tame my desire to get out of the house in favor of becoming more of a homebody. What do you think? Can I do it?
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Can I Do It?
Posted by AB at 1:40 PM
