Monday, July 26, 2010

Anna's Diapers

I know you all are just dying to know how Anna is diapered, right? Let me fill you in.
Anna has 8 gPants (from gDiapers), 14 liners (also gDiapers), 12 gCloth inserts, 6 Cotton/Hemp inserts, and many gDiaper flushable/compostable inserts. This works well for us, as we only have to wash twice a week. Until we wash, we place the soiled inserts into a stainless steel garbage can that has been reassigned as a diaper pail. (We never used it as a garbage can and in fact bought it with the expressed purpose as diaper pail, so no worries about picking up germs from there.)
I made a diaper spray for her sweet skin out of water, Dr. Bronner's Almond castile soap, and a dab of olive oil, and combined with cloth Bummis wipes, these make effective baby wipes. They are not used for dirty messes because I don't like stains. Gross. Right now, our alternate wipes are the Huggies Natural Care (the price is about as high as we can afford at the moment) but we do not plan on using these bleached, chlorinated things often.
Anna goes number two in her potty every time now, and I cannot remember the last time I had to change a poop diaper, so that is good.
Now we just have to be more consistent about putting her on the potty to urinate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre