Friday, July 4, 2008

Barbeque and babies don't mix

Today we went to Duluth to visit Ryan. He was hosting a cookout at his pool. It was really fun getting to see his friends again, especially Jun and Kimmy. She was about to pop from being 9 months pregnant, but still looked fabulous!

I wasn't feeling well for much of the cookout. We were standing most of the time, and the sun was really affecting me because of the Phernegan (I wasn't supposed to be in the sun at all while taking that medication). When we got back to our apartment, I had to kick Andre' out of the bathroom because I started to bleed a little bit. I called my OB (whom I STILL haven't met in person) and he told me that it sounded like I was having a threatened miscarriage... so I was to be on bed rest for a week, until my next appointment. This was devastating news for us. We were starting to get so excited about this new little family member growing inside of me - and now to hear that he/she might be dying... well, that was too much to bear.