Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas Is Approaching

So a few months back, I had the most brilliant idea. Rather than spend a lot of money on useless toy crap for Anna's Christmas, I would enter into giveaways and try to win her some goodies. This way, I would not feel so bad about going all out for her enjoyment. The only problem with this method (so far) is that we have to store these gifts in a closet until Christmas time. In our current home, there is very little space. I just jam things in Anna's closet where I can :)

So far, she's getting all of these for free:
  • 5 Children's Books: 4 dealing with the Earth, and 1 Magic Schoolbus book
  • 3 DVD's: Dora the Explorer, Shaun the Sheep, and Pocoyo
  • Calico Critters Camryn's Country Boutique set
  • Shen the Panda (from the Zylie line)
  • ALEX Toys Monster Make-A-Face, Monster Toss, and Monster Bingo
I haven't even entered that many contests, but you can see that the gifts are adding up! I also plan to give her my old Barbie dream house and a few of my old Barbies.
I know that it's only mid-September, but there is just so much to think about before Christmas is upon us. If we end up moving sometime between now and Christmas (which I'm reallllly hoping for) then there will be even less time to get things together. I just want for Anna's childhood to be full of magic, happiness, and lots of wonderful surprises. The little details will all add up to something very special for her to remember.