Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What A Surprise!


Today, Andre' and I went to a medical center in Decatur to get a comprehensive ultrasound of the baby. We told the nurse that we were hoping for a boy... but when she was waving that u/s wand around my stomach, she kinda mumbled that it looks like we're having a girl. Andre' was alright with that news... He said he was kind of expecting it, due to the fact that everyone else we knew was having (or have just had) boys. Oh, those statistics!

I started crying... It's not like girls are worse than boys... I have no clue as to which is the easier one to raise. It's just that I really wanted to give Andre' a son, our little Dexter Danger, and now the only way that I can do that is if I get pregnant again later on. After all that I have been going through with this pregnancy, I just don't know if I should do that. Ugh, and Nathaniel is such a precious child that I wanted to have a kid just like him. Oh, well.
Anyway, this older woman that worked in the office came into the room (after the doctor came in and confirmed that it was a girl, 100%) and told us about her children, and how Andre' looked like he would be an excellent father of a girl. She told him that he should start going to the batting cages to get in some practice for when the boys come around the house - and also that we should go out and purchase a gun to scare the boys off with. She was such a nice lady, and put such big smiles across both of our faces.
After the appointment, I called my mother to let her know that the baby looked good - but I did NOT tell her what we were having. That would have to wait for another day. She tried to trick me by saying that she already purchased this dress that I loved from Carters, but I didn't cave in. 
When we arrived at our apartment, I posted a new picture of the baby.